Issue 5Published: 29 April 2011
TWO FORMATS AVAILABLE- ONLINE AND PRINT! DISTRIBUTED THROUGHOUT AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND.
Get your grip around our latest mag release, which marks the birth of our publications Australia wide circulation. Inside SB "Black Forest" you'll find the finest photographs, interviews and stories sourced from Australia and beyond, detailing the real lives and colourful personalities of known and newly discovered surfers, skaters, snowboarders, artists, photographers and musicians.
This edition is brought to life with the following characters and stories:
- Josh Stucken // Born in Australian, Amsterdam based tattoo artist,
- Gareth Budge // Coffs Harbour (NSW) surfer, DJ, jewellery maker and self proclaimed red head,
- Matt Gresham // West Oz surfer, skater, singer, songwriter and musician,
- Pedro Barros // 15 year old Brazilian bowl skater, funny arse grom and sex enthusiast,
- Mat de Koning // Skater, lover, hater and active/gutsy filmmaker,
- Vaughan Brookfield // Modern day nomad, powder seeker and professional snowboarding photographer,
- Zac Baillie // Dark horse, good fellah, beer drinker and until now, never before seen photographer,
- Do It Yourself // A clip of Californian skaters turn away from their local parks and opt to shed some light on their favourite local spots which are built by fellow skaters.
We've also prepared another stellar installment of "Frames" showcasing the best images captured around the globe, our music reviewers pass their judgements on a fresh batch of albums, and a handful of other creative fools drop in to kindly share their words of wisdom and inspiring creations. Plus our banging model from the west, Miss Jordi Levin, shares a few lines and shows us what she can do in front of the camera.
Available at most decent newsagencies!
Cover Sequence // Taj Burrow // Photo Alex Turoy